Inside the Museum
Key Lime Pie
What is the history behind the famous key lime pie? HistoryMiami Museum Educator Maria M. walks you through the delicious dessert's history and even makes one with you!
Here's some more interesting historical reads:
- Without Everyone's Voice, History is an Incomplete Story → Read
- The Drake Lumber Company → Part II
- The Life and Death of the "Gulfstream Pirate" → Part I | Part II
- A Big Fish Story → Part I | Part II
- Roddey Burdine, "Merchant Prince, Civic Leader → Part I | Part II
- Miami's Jesuit Missions → Read
- Al Capone and Greater Miami → Part I | Part II
Through the Decades: Tourism
The way Miami has marketed itself to the world has experienced both continuity and change throughout the decades. The tropes of sunshine, beaches, and nightlife are universally recognized, and have been popular since the founding of the city. As you'll see, these ubiquitous symbols of South Florida were heavily influenced by politics, expansionism and segregation.
Where would you like to see this content?
Explore our Archives
Explore Miami's past from the comfort and safety of your home. View our online archives collection and find photos of Miami from every decade. Who knows what treasures you'll dig up from the past! View
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, HistoryMiami Museum is sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture. Support is provided by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
Copyright ©HistoryMiami Museum, All rights reserved.