Scope and Objectives:
Reporting to the Development Director, this position is responsible for writing proposals, completing grant applications, researching and locating funding sources that complement HistoryMiami Museum’s program needs. S/he will work closely with development leadership and key HistoryMiami Museum program stakeholders to maximize grant funding opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches external funding sources through various grant databases and the internet.
- Conducts customized searches to locate and evaluate prospective funders.
- Initiates contacts for developing relationships with prospective funders; maintains strong relationships with funding sources.
- Develops grant proposals (including research proposals) to local, state and federal funders.
- Develops grant proposals to local, regional and national foundations and corporations.
- Works in partnership with the Advancement team and other staff to research, prepare and submit proposals.
- Assists with tracking grant implementation with the completion of programmatic, financial and other progress reports to funding sources.
- Works closely with related staff to assure grant contracts are completed per guidelines.
- Stewardship of current and past donors, foundations, corporations and other partners with regular written updates and reports.
- Develops and maintains effective information management systems for all grants and donations, which includes use of Altru in the Development department.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assists with special activities that increase HistoryMiami Museum’s visibility among government, foundation and corporate funder audiences.
- Manages a grants calendar for the Museum and provides timely drafts to museum staff in advance of deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of museum grant writing experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and work on a deadline
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, proofreading, organizational and planning skills
- Positive, flexible attitude with attention to detail
- Strong follow-through capabilities
- Full-time position or contract-based talent will be considered
TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Leana Cianfoni, Development Director at email@example.com. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions. NO CALLS.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.