HistoryMiami is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of Museum Grant Writer. Reporting to the Director of Development, this full-time position is responsible for writing proposals, completing grant applications, researching and locating funding sources that complement HistoryMiami’s program needs. S/he will work closely with development leadership and key HistoryMiami program stakeholders to maximize grant funding opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches external funding sources through various grant databases and the internet.
- Conducts customized searches to locate and evaluate prospect funders.
- Initiates contacts for developing relationships with prospective funders; maintains strong relationships with funding sources.
- Develops grant proposals (including research proposals) to local, state and federal funders.
- Develops grant proposals to local, regional and national foundations and corporations.
- Works in partnership with the Advancement team and other staff to research, prepare and submit proposals.
- Assists with tracking grant implementation with the completion of programmatic, financial and other progress reports to funding sources.
- Works closely with related staff to assure grant contracts are completed per guidelines.
- Stewardship of current and past donors, foundations, corporations and other partners with regular written updates and reports.
- Develops and maintains effective information management systems for all grants and donations, which includes use of Raiser’s Edge in the Advancement department.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assists with special activities that increase HistoryMiami’s visibility among government, foundation and corporate funder audiences.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of museum grant writing experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and work on a deadline
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, proofreading, organizational and planning skills
- Positive, flexible attitude with attention to detail
- Strong follow-through capabilities
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
No phone calls please.