HistoryMiami is committed to serving South Florida’s students, teachers, caregivers and adult learners through exciting and innovative programs. Bringing over 10,000 years of South Florida history to life, HistoryMiami has been welcoming visitors since 1984. Over the years the HistoryMiami has served over 600,000 visitors.
- All programs are correlated to state educational standards, focusing on the content strands assessed through the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT)
- The programs also address curriculum areas beyond social studies, including language arts, mathematics and science where applicable
- Various on-site programs at HistoryMiami (PreK4-12)
- Historic site visits with a HistoryMiami Educator (3-12)
- Classroom visit programs (PreK4-12)
Family and Children Programs
HistoryMiami offers a fun variety of programs for children and families to enjoy and learn.
- Family Fun Days: Art-making, music activities, storytelling and mini-tours of our exhibits for you and your family to enjoy every second Saturday of the month.
- Tropical Adventure Camps (Teacher Planning Days, Spring Break, Summer, and Winter): Our award winning camps range from single-day, weeklong, to 11-week summer camps, children between 5 to 12 can enjoy fun filled activities, crafts, field trips, and more.
- Overnight Camp-Ins: An overnight learning adventure. Campers have fun while they learn about South Florida history.
HistoryMiami's Education Center offers a variety of workshops year-round to enhance your school-based curriculum.
For more information, please contact the Education Center.