Membership and Annual Giving Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
The Membership and Annual Giving Manager is responsible for expanding the membership program and
the Annual Fund, including developing and implementing annual membership strategies, campaigns,
and events. The position reports to the Director of Development, works directly and indirectly with all
Development team members, as well as across all museum departments as necessary.
Assist the Director of Development in achieving the museum’s short- and long-term fundraising goals
with specific responsibility for coordinating and managing a comprehensive membership program,
including the solicitation of annual gifts. Manage all membership and annual gift records to achieve
financial and member unit goals and to ensure that the Museum’s obligations to its members and
donors are fulfilled. In addition, this position will assist with developing the Annual Giving Program with
the implementation of special member and donor events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strengthen HistoryMiami’s philanthropic messaging across all membership and annual giving-related
• Organize and manage the membership program including the development and coordination of
benefits and member cultivation and retention strategies.
• Develop strategies to engage different audiences, including young professionals.
• Point person for membership related inquiries (including registration issues, merging duplicate
members, refunds, etc.)
• Update digital and print membership content to include HMM website, social media, monthly
Members Corner enewsletter, and membership brochure.
• Work to develop membership goals with Director of Development and plan and implement campaigns
for gaining new members, reinstating dropped members, and increasing the membership retention rate.
• Plan and implement membership events and activities.
• Maintains physical / electronic department files and records (copies of payments & acknowledgments)
• Oversee the operation of membership sales and work with Visitors Center staff and museum
departments on back office membership payments through Altru CRM.
• Coordinate departmental mailings i.e. creation of an Annual Fund mailing calendar, preparing lists for
mail merge, developing content and solicitation strategies.
• Prepare annual giving letters and coordinate annual giving solicitations, acknowledgements, and
recognition to members and donors.
• Coordinate the production of membership testimonials, materials and brochures.
• Ensure that members are well informed about the Museum and its activities and events.
• Train and supervise departmental volunteers and staff on membership promotions and benefits.
• Perform other duties as assigned to achieve the mission of the Museum
• Maintain the integrity of the donor/membership database including timely data entry, resolution of
duplicate entries, and ensuring details are complete and accurate.
• Reports on Membership and Donations (primarily using Altru canned reports – premade)
• Processes donation and membership payments in Altru.
• Will generate and manage all member and donor communications (acknowledgments, renewals,
• Produce reports to track fundraising results, membership acquisition and retention, pledge payments,
event attendance and financial outcomes; dashboards.
• Prepare regular reports to museum management and the board about membership and annual giving
• Track event attendees and prepare lists of prospective members.
• Generate reports and research as necessary for Director of Development
Special Skills and Qualifications:
• Solid relationship-building skills and ability to interface with external constituents
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team
• Proven event and project management expertise with the ability to take an event from conception
• Minimum of two years of development experience in a museum or nonprofit
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud suite of products
• Demonstrated success in membership and annual giving program management
• Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Good problem-solving and presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, and community partners
• Available to work some evenings and weekends
• Bilingual candidates preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Leana Cianfoni, Director of
Development at email@example.com. Please be advised we are only able to contact those
candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions. NO CALLS.
Membership and Annual Giving Manager