Reports to: Executive Director
Scope and Objectives:
HistoryMiami Museum seeks a detail-oriented executive assistant to work directly with the Executive Director. Candidate must possess an enthusiastic demeanor, flexible and adaptable attitude, strong organizational skills, maintain a high level of confidentiality, a desire to be cross-trained in other aspects of the organization, and a personality that enjoys working with others. Professional oral and written communication skills are a must, along with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conserves the Executive Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains the Executive Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Prepares expense reports and reimbursement forms for the Executive Director. Manages Executive Director’s corporate card and ensures timely payments.
- Sends out meeting notices, tracks attendance, produces informational packets and takes minutes at board meetings.
- Prepares reports and presentations at the direction of the Executive Director by collecting and analyzing data to be used in board meetings, staff meetings, and external meetings.
- Orders and sets up internal breakfasts and lunches for various Museum meetings.
- Maintains systems to ensure an organized office environment.
- As a liaison between the executives and other staff members, exchanges information; transmits directives, instructions, and assignments; and follows up on status of assignments.
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports, makes preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organizes documents, handles some matters personally, and forwards appropriate materials to the Executive Director and staff.
- Work with Blackbaud Altru, the Museum’s Management Software.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience working with boards and committees
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; highest level presentation, negotiation, project management, and problem-solving skills required
- Non-Profit experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Altru a plus
Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Jorge Zamanillo, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions.