Position Title: Development Director (Full-time, exempt)
Reports to: Executive Director
About HistoryMiami Museum:
HistoryMiami Museum safeguards and shares Miami stories to foster learning, inspire a sense of place, and cultivate an engaged community.
For more information about HistoryMiami Museum, please visit www.historymiami.org
Position Scope and Objectives:
The Development Director will work closely with HistoryMiami’s Executive Director and senior management team to maximize funding and program support opportunities. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communications, writing and proofreading skills. Other key attributes include being creative, self-directed, confident in a sales setting and a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and potential donors
- Identify prospective donors and funding sources, in collaboration with staff, and develop cultivation and solicitation plans
- Supervise grant writing, administration, and reporting process
- Produce donor correspondence and acknowledgement letters
- Meet and establish fundraising goals along with Executive Director
- Validate Altru fundraising data and create reports as requested
- Work and communicate effectively with members of the Board of Trustees and constituents
- Lead development team including database associate and museum membership manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior writing, marketing and communication skills with experience in museum, non-profit or academic grant writing
- Takes initiative with a positive attitude
- Creative thinker able to identify non-traditional opportunities
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidential information
- Experience with donor management software and all Microsoft Office products
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish a plus
Apply to: Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Jorge Zamanillo at email@example.com
No phone calls please.