Position Title: Director of Finance
Reports To: Museum Director
Position Scope and Objectives:
The Director of Finance, in collaboration with the Museum Director, shall oversee the finances associated with HistoryMiami Museum’s (HMM) programs and activities in fulfillment of its mission. The Director of Finance will ensure that all finances are accounted in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards for a non-profit. This position is a member of the HMM’s leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Museum Director in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the organizations Strategic Plan.
- Supervises staff who is responsible for daily deposits, processing of payroll and generates account payable checks
- Responsible to fulfill duties of assistant when on annual leave
- Compiles and monitors annual budget ( + $6 million )
- Monitors banking and investment activity and produces monthly reconciliations
- Produces and presents monthly statements of financial position
- Produces reports for grants applications and subsequent reporting
- Prepares all schedules for annual external audit and annual tax returns
- Makes regular presentations to the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees regarding finance and HR issues
- Staff liaison to Finance and Governance Committee
- Staff liaison with the Trustees of the Endowment and investment managers
- Oversees all purchasing and payroll activity
- Ensures HMM maintains its tax-exempt status
- Maintains a system of internal controls to safeguard finances
- Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Liaison with the Budget Office of Miami-Dade County
- Oversees business insurance plans
- Primary contact with Miami-Dade County’s Internal Technology Department regarding the set-up of HMM computers to communicate with the County’s server and submission of work orders for maintenance of equipment.
- Performs HR functions:
- Oversees personnel benefits: annual leave, health insurance, tax-shelter annuity
- Maintains personnel files
- Maintains position descriptions
- Accomplish any other task appropriately assigned by the Museum Director.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 years in senior level administration and/or financial management required, with three years in non-profit management
- Experience working with boards and committees
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; highest level presentation, negotiation, project management, and problem-solving skills required;
- Excellent planning, financial management, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Sage ERP and Blackbaud Altru a plus
- Collaborative management style; Strong work ethic
Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Jorge Zamanillo, Museum Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions.