Urban Tranquility: Photographs by C.W. Griffin
HistoryMiami Virtual Opening
HistoryMiami Museum hosted a virtual opening reception on December 2, featuring interviews with photographer C.W. Griffin and curator Carl Juste. Missed our Facebook Live? Watch it here!
Here's some more interesting reads:
- Miami Christmastime Fire of 1896 → Read
- Greater Miami & World War II → Read
- Without Everyone's Voice, History is an Incomplete Story → Read
- The Drake Lumber Company → Part II
- The Life and Death of the "Gulfstream Pirate" → Part I | Part II
- A Big Fish Story → Part I | Part II
- Roddey Burdine, "Merchant Prince, Civic Leader → Part I | Part II
- Miami's Jesuit Missions → Read
- Al Capone and Greater Miami → Part I | Part II
- Smith's Casino: Miami Beach's First Tourist Facility → Part I
Miami Stories: Story of the Week
"My mother fled Cuba in 1969 when she was 19 with her sister and my grandmother; my grandfather, a political prisoner, joined them five years later. She met my father after he arrived here in 1979, after 20 years as a political prisoner in Cuba. I belonged to two worlds. I was an American, but at the same time, I was Cuban. I didn’t quite fit either group. In many ways, my story is the story of the city in which I was born: Hialeah is part of South Florida; yet, it feels totally different from Tallahassee, or Tampa, or Titusville, and worlds away from “the South."" - Neyda Borges
Explore our Archives
Explore Miami's past from the comfort and safety of your home. View our online archives collection and find photos of Miami from every decade. Who knows what treasures you'll dig up from the past! View
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, HistoryMiami Museum is sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture. Support is provided by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
Copyright ©HistoryMiami Museum, All rights reserved.