Position: Executive Assistant
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt / Full-time
Reporting to: Executive Director
Celebrating its 80th anniversary next year, HistoryMiami Museum is one of the largest private, regional history organizations in the southeastern United States. The Museum is looking for an experienced executive administrator to support the Executive Director and Board of Trustees. The position reports to the Executive Director and is essential in assisting the Executive Director carry out the Museum’s strategic planning initiatives and daily operations. This position has no direct reports but will collaborate with staff across the museum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses sincere and naturally pleasant manner with superb spoken and written communication skills. Position requires considerable letter writing and phone engagement.
- Maintains the Executive Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Prepares reports and presentations, at the direction of the Executive Director, for board meetings, staff meetings, and external meetings.
- Schedules, organizes, and coordinates board of trustee meetings.
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports, handles some matters personally, and forwards appropriate materials to the Executive Director and staff.
- Prepares expense reports and reimbursement forms for the Executive Director.
- Provides general office support including managing office supply inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
- Serves as liaison with vendors that provide services to all staff.
- Works with Blackbaud Altru, the Museum’s Constituent Management Software.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality and discretion with information at all levels.
- Represents the Executive Director at the highest levels and enjoys being an ambassador for the Museum and diplomat to staff, trustees and donors.
- At least 3 years of experience as an Executive Assistant.
- 2 to 4 years of college or equivalent training and experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Previous non-profit or museum experience.
- Good technical skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with boards and committees.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Altru or other donor management software a plus.
Hours: Monday-Friday, full time from 8:30 to 5:00 (occasional evening and early board meetings, and weekend events).
Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: Jorge Zamanillo, Executive Director at email@example.com. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.