Join us on the second Saturday of each month from 10am to 4pm, with activities from 11am to 3pm, for free things to do, learn, and experience with the whole family! Spend the afternoon exploring the history and culture of our vibrant city.
In accordance with current Museum Policy*:
- Visitors must wear facial coverings at all times while in the buildings, except children under the age of 2 or those who have trouble breathing due to a chronic health condition. Masks must be tied at the back of the head or looped around the ears covering your nose and mouth. HistoryMiami is not able to provide all visitors with masks. If you cannot wear a mask due to a disability a face shield will be provided.
- Visitors must maintain safe distance from staff and other visitors, except for members of the same party.
- Restroom use is limited to one person or up to two family members at a time.
- Visitors who do not comply with these requirements will be asked to leave the property.
HistoryMiami Museum is committed to providing inclusive experiences for all visitors.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY – The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be contagious. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death. HistoryMiami Museum cannot prevent you and/or tour participants from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while utilizing HistoryMiami Museum’s services or premises. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to utilize HistoryMiami Museum’s services and/or enter onto HistoryMiami Museum’s premises you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
*If policy changes are made prior to your visit, we will inform you of such changes.
Family Fun Day: Miami’s History
Saturday, August 14
We are excited to welcome you back to our monthly Family Fun Day! Come see our newest exhibition It’s A Miami Thing and enjoy guided tours, story time, and discovery opportunities with our teaching collection carts. Pick up a HistoryMiami craft bag at our make-and-take stations. Join HistoryMiami Museum tour guide T. Wheeler Castillo on a fascinating tour of Downtown Miami’s public art scene. Explore how public art initiatives have transformed Miami’s urban landscape, while bringing the history and culture of the area to life.
- Guided gallery tours – 12pm and 2pm
- Story time – 1pm
- Public Art in Downtown Miami Walking Tour with T. Wheeler Castillo – 11:30am Register here to be part of the walking tour. Tour capacity is limited and registration is required.