Reports to: Development Director
The Membership and Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for expanding the membership program and the Annual Fund, including developing and implementing annual membership strategies, campaigns and events. The position reports to the Development Director, works directly and indirectly with all Development team members, as well as the Marketing and Education departments as necessary.
Primary Objective: Assist the Development Director in achieving the museum’s short- and long-term fundraising goals with specific responsibility for coordinating and managing a comprehensive membership program, including the solicitation of annual gifts. Manage all membership and annual gift records to achieve financial and member unit goals and to ensure that the Museum’s obligations to its members and donors are fulfilled. In addition, this position will assist with developing the Annual Giving Program with the implementation of special member and donor events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage the membership program including the development and coordination of benefits and member cultivation and retention strategies.
- Identify membership goals and plan and implement campaigns for gaining new members, reinstating dropped members, and increasing the membership retention rate.
- Primary administrator of Altru and will consolidate contact lists and information generated by all other departments within this software. Will generate and manage all member and donor mailings (acknowledgments, renewals, acquisition), and will generate mailing lists as necessary for museum-wide communications, publications and events.
- Maintain the integrity of the donor/membership database including timely data entry, resolution of duplicate entries, and ensuring details are complete and accurate.
- Oversee the operation of membership sales and work with Visitors Center staff and museum departments on back office membership payments through Altru CRM.
- Coordinate departmental mailings i.e. creation of an Annual Fund mailing calendar, preparing lists for mail merge, developing content and solicitation strategies.
- Prepare annual giving letters and coordinate annual giving solicitations, acknowledgements, and recognition to members and donors.
- Produce reports to track fundraising results, membership acquisition and retention, pledge payments, event attendance and financial outcomes; dashboards.
- Coordinate the production of membership testimonials, materials and brochures.
- Ensure that members are well informed about the Museum and its activities and events.
- Plan and implement membership events and activities.
- Prepare regular reports to museum management and the board about membership and annual giving results.
- Train and supervise departmental volunteers and staff on membership promotions and benefits.
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve the mission of the Museum
- Financial and collection of donors, members, event and program attendees, prospects and government officials.
- Produce reports and queries for all other departments in the Museum depending on need
- Generate mailing lists (email and physical mail) for all museum-related events and communications
- Generate and mail acknowledgement letters and notices for financial gifts and memberships, including pledge reminders for gifts below $5k
- Coordination of departmental mailings
- Generate reports and research as necessary for Development Director
- Maintain physical/electronic department files and records
- Responsible for daily maintenance and reporting in Altru for all departments
Special Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years of development experience in a museum or educational environment
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud suite of products
- Demonstrated success in membership and annual giving program management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with staff and volunteers
TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Leana Cianfoni, Development Director at email@example.com. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions. NO CALLS.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.