Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Public Relations & Social Media Manager shares in the responsibility of promoting HistoryMiami Museum’s programs, activities, exhibitions, and facilities to local, national, and international media; assists with all marketing initiatives to favorably position and brand the museum and its programs, and to facilitate audience and visitor growth in support of the museum’s mission and goals. The PR & Social Media Manager is also responsible for building ongoing public interest and support for HistoryMiami Museum though community outreach, partnerships, and collaborations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the creation and execution of overall marketing and public relations strategies for the Museum
- Responsible for writing media materials, pitching, negotiating with journalists, bloggers and other influencers
- Managing, publishing, and contributing to all social media and online channels
- Responsible for writing in short and long formats for deliverables such as blog posts, media materials and social posts
- Work with media outlets to secure appropriate partnerships
- Tracks metrics and provides regular reports to Director and collaborators
- Writes monthly articles for leading high-end magazine and other e-publications
- Uploads events to websites to promote events at the Museum
- Participates in development of marketing and advertising campaigns, concepts, and tactics
- Edits and proofreads all Museum collateral, such as brochures, press releases, social media posts, invitations, web content, and occasional catalog copy
- Maintains editorial style guide and brand standards
- Hires and supervises student workers. Manages student workers’ schedules, assigns projects, and reviews work
- Serves as occasional museum spokesperson, as assigned by the Marketing Director, for TV appearances, radio interviews, etc.
- Works with tourism and hospitality partners to promote the Museum as a cultural destination
- Assists with developing cross-promotional partnerships and collaborations with key arts and business organization
- Oversees all invoice processing
- Manage website content
- Represents HistoryMiami at internal and community functions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of public relations experience preferred
- Must be available on some nights and weekends for Museum events
- Must have excellent, demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills, and must be able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Must have experience in planning and conducting marketing and communications campaigns
- Should have an ability to work flexibly and collaboratively
- Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high level of creativity and self-direction.
- Should have a natural curiosity for developing technologies
- Previous experience utilizing tools, such as Cision, etc.
- Proven track record of coordinating public relations campaigns
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, proofreading, organizational and planning skills
- Must be a team player, with a great attitude
- Spanish fluency a plus!
Apply to: Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Michele Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.