Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Social Media and Marketing Coordinator shares in the responsibility of promoting HistoryMiami Museum’s programs, exhibitions, and events through social media and marketing initiatives to facilitate audience and visitor growth. The Social Media & Marketing Coordinator is also responsible for building ongoing public interest and support for HistoryMiami Museum though partnerships and collaborations.
- Coordinates and creates overall social media strategies for the museum
- Responsible for writing media materials, pitching, negotiating bloggers and other influencers
- Managing, publishing, and contributing to all social media and online channels, while ensuring consistent messaging and monitoring.
- Responsible for writing in short and long formats for deliverables such as blog posts, media materials and social posts.
- Work with influencers and/or reporters to secure appropriate partnership.
- Tracks metrics and provides regular reports to Director and collaborators.
- Writes monthly articles for leading high-end magazine and other e-publications.
- Uploads events to websites to promote events at the Museum.
- Participates in development of marketing and advertising campaigns, concepts, and tactics. Maintains and coordinates advertising schedules, space reservations, production and delivery of materials
- Coordinates distribution of posters, mailings, and other marketing materials.
- Edits and proofreads all public facing written materials, including brochures, press releases, social media posts, invitations, and web content..
- Maintains editorial style guide and brand standards. Hires and supervises interns. Manages student workers’ schedules, assigns projects, and reviews work.
- Serves as liaison with vendors such as printers and publications to coordinate production and distribution of materials, advertising placements, mailings, and invoice routing.
- Works with tourism and hospitality partners to promote the museum as a cultural destination.
- Assists with developing cross-promotional partnerships and collaborations with key arts and business organizations.
- Oversees all invoice processing.
- Represents HistoryMiami at internal and community functions.
Must have one to three years experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing or liberal arts.
- Must have experience in planning and conducting marketing and communications campaigns. (Knowledge of non-profit branding initiatives preferred.)
- Prior experience working in museums or in arts marketing preferred.
- Must be available on some nights and weekends during Museum events
- Must have excellent, demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills (including editing ability), and must be able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Should have an ability to work flexibly and collaboratively.
- (Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high level of creativity and self-direction.
- Should have a natural curiosity for emerging technologies.
- Must be a team player, with a great attitude.
- Spanish fluency a plus!
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Michele Reese, Marketing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.