Supervisor – Folklife Curator
Project-oriented position with the objective to maintain and enhance the Miami Stories initiative
- Manage regular publishing schedule for Miami Stories in different formats
- Monitor online written submissions and upload stories to the webpage
- Submit monthly social media story features to Social Media Coordinator
- Submit monthly Miami Herald story submission
- Manage the Miami Stories Recording Booth and record interviews at outreach events at no more than two events per month
- Process and upload recorded stories to the Soundcloud audio archive
- Compile annual report on all published stories
- Conduct one-off interviews with specific individuals identified by museum staff
- Evaluate/determine new uses for stories
- Seek collaborations within the community
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Anthropology, Folklore, or History
- Interviewing skills
- Audio editing experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and work on a deadline
Submit letter of interest and resume to: Michael Knoll, Director of Curatorial Affairs and Chief Curator at email@example.com. Please be advised that we are able to contact only those candidates whose background and skills best fit the needs of the position.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.